We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to resolve any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with our Director, Adela Manzoor, on 03333 445548 or by email to Adela Manzoor at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you prefer to do so in the first instance, you can raise the problem with the lawyer responsible for your matter, by telephone or email.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within two working days of receiving it.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our Director reviewing your file and speaking to the member(s) of staff who acted for you.
- Within 14 days of sending you the written acknowledgement, our Director will invite you to a meeting to discuss and resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting or a meeting is not possible, our Director may instead offer you a chance to discuss the matter by telephone.
- Within three days of the meeting, or any telephone conversation we have with you instead of a meeting, our Director will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
- In any case she will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the written acknowledgement of your complaint referred to in paragraph 1 above.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone at our company unconnected with the matter to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. When we do so, in the event we cannot settle your complaint with you, we will inform you that this is the case and inform you of any other relevant matters.
- If you are then still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. Please note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman. The website address of the Legal Ombudsman is legalombudsman.org.uk
- If we have to change any of the timescales mentioned above we will let you know and explain why.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.